Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/head-end.liquid
1. Description: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Standards Manual NASA Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") begins on April 12, 2016 at 12:00 am Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on April 22, 2016 at 11:59 pm PT (the "Sweepstakes Period"). The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Standards Manual. (“Sponsor”).
2. Eligibility: The Standards Manual NASA Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the United States (including the District of Columbia), who are the age of majority in their home state at the time of entry. Employees of Standards Manual as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Each person who participates in the Sweepstakes is an Entrant. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of the terms and conditions described herein (“Official Rules”). Winning the Sweepstakes is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable country, federal, state, territorial, provincial, municipal and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. How To Enter: The Sweepstakes begins on April 12, 2016 at 12:00 am Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on April 22, 2016 at 11:59 pm PT (the "Sweepstakes Period"). To enter, during the Sweepstakes Period, you must simply share the Facebook post or share the Tweet provided by Standards Manual. You will automatically earn one entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit one vote/entry per person per social media platform. The use of robotic or automatic devices for voting is prohibited and Sponsor reserves the right to nullify all such votes/entries and to disqualify the responsible individual from voting/entering. Normal internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply and are your sole responsibility. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, corrupted, incomplete or damaged entries. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by Sponsor. No purchase required for entry.
4. Prize: One winner will receive a free copy of the NASA Standards Manual, signed by the designer Richard Danne. No transfer or substitution for any prizes will be permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor due to prize unavailability for any reason, and, in such circumstance, an alternate prize/prize component of equal value will be awarded and the Sponsor’s obligation to the winners will be fulfilled, and no other additional compensation will be provided.
5. Sweepstakes Prize Drawing & Winner Notification: The Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing to be conducted by the Sponsor from among all eligible votes/entries received by the end of the sweepstakes period. The Sponsor’s decisions are final and legally binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes drawing. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Winner will be notified via the platform (Facebook or Twitter) that they submit an entry on. The winner will have five days to respond. If a reply is not received by the deadline date in the email, winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected from among all entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
6. Limitations of Liability and Release: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Sweepstakes Entrants resulting from any user’s or Entrant’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or ability or inability to download any information in connection with participating in the Sweepstakes. By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator and Facebook and each of its related companies, their respective parents (if applicable) and affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, and agents (“Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize whether or not caused by the negligence of the Released Parties. Released Parties are not responsible for: (i) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the submission process or the Sweepstakes; (iv) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of votes or the tabulating of votes, the announcement of the prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; (v) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen email; or (vi) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify this Sweepstakes for any reason, including (but not limited to) if, for any reason, the Voting does not take place, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. If such cancelation occurs, Sponsor reserves the right to award prize from among all eligible entries received prior to cancelation and if the Sweepstakes cannot be run, prize will not be awarded. IN ADDITION, ALL ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY USE OF THE CONTENT OR OTHER INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY ENTRANTS.
7. Disputes: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of New York USA. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York in the USA, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York in the USA.
9. Winner List: Winner List requests will only be accepted after the Sweepstakes end date (listed above) and no later than April 25, 2016. To request a copy of the name of the winners, contact Standards Manual via the website.
The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used in the event you are determined the winner or if you have indicated that you would like to receive additional information from Sponsor.